According to the U.S. Treasury, tax filers with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 for individuals and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns will receive the full payment. For filers with income above those amounts, the payment amount is reduced by $5 for each $100 above the $75,000/$150,000 thresholds. Single filers with income exceeding $99,000 and $198,000 for joint filers with no children are not eligible.
Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 and provided direct deposit information will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples - no additional action required. Parents also receive $500 for each qualifying child.
If you’re not typically required to file taxes and don’t receive Social Security benefits, you’ll need to file a simple return.
Visit irs.gov/coronavirus for more information.
Need help finding your account or routing number?
Our routing number is 221277971
In the coming weeks, the IRS will be developing a web-based portal where you can check the status of your refund and provide your direct deposit information. If you need help finding your account or routing number, here are the easiest methods.
You can typically find your account and routing number on the bottom left-hand corner of a personal check. The routing number is the first set of numbers and is typically nine digits. The next set of numbers — just to the right of the routing number — is your account number.
If you don’t have a check handy, you may be able to find the account and routing number on your statements or online banking
Protect yourself from fraud and scams
Scammers are already trying to take advantage of COVID-19 to steal your money or personal information. Be aware, they may:
• Ask you to sign over your economic impact payment check to them.
• Ask by phone, email, text or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information saying that the information is needed to receive or speed up your economic impact payment.
• Suggest you can get a tax refund or economic impact payment faster by working on your behalf. This scam could be conducted by social media or even in person.
Learn more about protecting yourself from fraud and scams in the FAQs below.
Tools to help you manage your money
Use mobile and online banking for fast and easy access to managing your money.
• Online banking and mobile banking: Check balances, pay bills, transfer money and more.
• Mobile check deposit: Take a quick photo of a check to make a deposit in our app.
Learn More about online and mobile banking